Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating a datum curve thro' edges

anandel

Can some one pls tell me how to create a datum curve along a surface edge? I think it used to be 'datum curve->from boundary' earlier and the menu mapper says that its been consolidated into edit->offset. I can't figure how to do it.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks!

what are you working in wildfire or wildfire 2.0

in wildfire you use the copy command (in menu mapper it was composite curves).

In wildfire 2.0 you use ctrl C and ctrl V.

I am working on Wildfire. Yes, I used the Copy command and it works, but then, one edge at a time. Previously I was picking a bunch of edges and trying make curves and it looks like it won't work that way. Don't know why!!

Thanks Heathbn!

Sorry if my previous explanation was misleading. I know how to pick multiple entities( edges in this case). But what I meant was, once you pick more than one entity, the edit->copy command grayed out. So I had to pick only one edge at a time, use Copy and make a curve. After doing this, since I wanted a single continuous curve, I had to select those datum curves again, use Edit->Offset, and enter a zero offset thus creating a composite single curve.

In order to create a composite curve the user must select a chain of curves. This selection set can be a tangent chain, intent chain, surface loop chain etc. To accomplish this pick the first curve (edge) you want while holding the shift key down move towards the next curve (edge). You will see a chain or loop hilight. right clicking toggles through a the possible loops and chains. Select the one you want. The copy button will now be available from the edit menu.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back