Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

create holes notes

edo777

Dear all,

In drawings, I have been always creating the quotes for
holes by hand, meaning manually generating quotes and
editing them for tapping, deep etc..
I have now to deal with a large number of holes and I
would like to take advantage of the notes automatically
created for holes in the 3D modeling.

I have wandering through ProE and searched on the forum,
but I can not find the way to display the notes (only to
hide them
smiley1.gif

Could you support me?
thanks a lot in advance,
regards,
Edo777
Edited by: edo777

Model notes all have a default name of Note_#. To place them in detail mode create an annotation note and when it asks "Enter NOTE:" type in the note name preceded by the ampersand, &note_0 That will display model note.

If you do a search for hole note in the forum I've posted my .hol file which shows a customized callout for hole notes. One thing to remember when using hole notes is that if you change the type of hole you must reset the note to reflect the change. In the hole command just click the note tab and click reset.

Using show/erase should show the hole notes created with the hole. You should not have to create a note manually in the drawing.

I agree with srieger
If you make notes in the part they should appear in drawing when you use show/erase.

But maybe we didn't get you well?

I never use shown dimensions in any of my drawings: all dimensions are created in the drawing. This greatly simplifies the generation of dimensions on the drawing, makes the drawing much easier to edit and frees me from tying the design modeling scheme to the drawing. Yes, it does require diligence on my part when it comes to ensuring that all features are dimensioned properly and that the design intent is reflected in the drawing, but this is still a challenge one faces when showing model dimensions in the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back