Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

counterbore size question

commodore

The problem we are having is that i have a Holo-krome socket screw selector (99013) and lets just use 1/2-13 SHCS specs. It tells me to use a .531 drill size for shank and use a 13/16 (.8125) counterbore for the head. And when you go into NX5 in holes use screw clearance hole

form-counterbored

screw type-SHCS

screw size-1/2

fit-normal

And everything matches my socket screw selector and NX5. The problem is now for us to get the tooling in the shop to make the counterbored hole to print.Is there a company out there that makesa stock size counterbore that matches the specs? Other wise we will have to change thedimensions in NX5 to match the stock counterbores we can get.

I guess we could have custom made counterbores, but i thing that would be to expensive. I tried to lookon the internet for thecounterbore but i had no luck. Just was wondering if anyone has had the same problems.

Thanks

Edited by: commodore

commodore..

Have you ever considered just using a end mill to do this? I have gotten to the point where I seldom use counterbore tools because of issues such as this or because I just want to make it a certain size for another reason. I have never had a problem since I started doing this but I guess it helps if you are a small shop too.

Larry

larrycoyle,
When the part requires CNC machining and is set up on the machine we will use an end mill. But when we have manual stuff to make that does not require CNC. I guess we will just change NX5 to match the stock standard size.
msccounterbore

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back