Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cosmetic feature

Asho Pulsar

Hi,

I hav been fed up with the problem that hiding the cosmetic feature in the drawing to take a print out w/o cosmetic feature.

Right now what im doing is open the drw as well as d corresponding part which has cosmetic feature which is in the drw. I just hide the cosmetic feature in the model tree of that part which in turn disables the cosmetic feature in the drw and i take the print out or pdf's.

After that i save and close the model as well as the drw. If once again i opened the drw again the cosmetic feature is visible.

Also one more thing i did, I hide the cosmetic feature in the layers too. Again same problem.

Whats the thing i need to do
smiley5.gif

If you hide something in model tree and don't want to be visible when you willopen the drawing next time, then make sure you save the layers status.

Vlad is exactly right. You are probably not saving your layer status. You will have to do that for it to display properly the next time you bring the part/drawing up.

SrGilberto

Hi Ashok!

It's very simple, go to layer status of drawing>then go to layer status of that particular view & hide the cosmetic feature from that view>atlast save status of layers for that view.

This will allow you to present the cosmetics in some selected views & also hide from ur choosen one!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back