Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Copy Features

hello

be more specific, please

you mean copy features in drawing mode? or copy features in part mode?

perhaps copy sections in sketcher,

please define your needs...

xcad

Sorry, I would like of copy features in the modeling, I went in Copy> ....... but after I dont know which references I'll go take.

Andre Almeida

Ok

Suppose we have a rectangular cut as the feature to have its copy.

We can make a copy with the following methods :

New Refs

Same Refs

Mirror

Move

Then we can select if the copy feature will be dependent or not by the first one.

We can also select a feature from another part in another window.

Lets try to make a copy with one by one of the above four ways

First we have the new refs command. Select the dimensions you want to change, click done. Enter the value of each one (that you picked before). Next the software highlights you the references that the current features uses and prompts from you to select if you want to keep these references or you want to define another. Of course you must select for three references. The placement plane and the x,y parameters.

Then we have the same references copy command. This command is similar with the above but the system takes as reference the old used references and doesn

Ok

Suppose we have a rectangular cut as the feature to have its copy.

We can make a copy with the following methods :

New Refs

Same Refs

Mirror

Move

Then we can select if the copy feature will be dependent or not by the first one.

We can also select a feature from another part in another window.

Lets try to make a copy with one by one of the above four ways

First we have the new refs command. Select the dimensions you want to change, click done. Enter the value of each one (that you picked before). Next the software highlights you the references that the current features uses and prompts from you to select if you want to keep these references or you want to define another. Of course you must select for three references. The placement plane and the x,y parameters.

Then we have the same references copy command. This command is similar with the above but the system takes as reference the old used references and doesn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back