Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

convert an imported quilt into surfaces

abhishek.modi

Hi

I have importes a complex quilt made up of surfaces. Is there a way to select individual surfaces of the quilt for operations editing operations like merge, trim etc

How do I break the one quilt into several quilts of individual surfaces?

In WF 2.0, try selecting the imported data, Edit > Definition; then Geometry > Heal Geometry > Automatic or Manual. Depending on the quality of your imported data, the results of automatic healing can vary greatly. Manual Healing allows you to delete or repair individual surfaces but its a bit cumbersome.

In Wildfire 2.0 you can break a fully or partially merged imported quilt into individual surfaces by following these steps.

1. <LI>Select the import featurefrom the model tree > RMB >Edit Definition.</LI>
    <LI>Pick Edit > Feature Properties</LI>
    <LI>Uncheck "Join Surfs".</LI>
    <LI>Alternatively you can use the [Exclude surfs] button to exclude individual surfaces from theentire quilt. But if you use this option, don't uncheck "Join Surfs".</LI>
    <LI>Select [OK] when finished.</LI>
    <LI>Pick the green check mark to get out of import redefine.</LI>

Good luck

Remember that changes made to your import feature can't be redefined or undone! So be carefull!

Huug

Hi, you can use data sharing - external geom. method to copy the surfaces you want and then do what ever editing you want to do. this is what generally i dowith the imported datas. MGNT8 is correct but it is very tidius if the geometry is having data losses. I find it more comfortable.

kujur

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back