Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Consumables - greese oil tape and glue

design-engine

how do you guys list consumables in your repeat regions in Pro/E drawings?

Tape and glue can be molded I suppose so it shows up in repeat regions. Whats your common practice at work?

the use of bulk items can be expanded to more than just consumables, depending on the information needed. I have heard of making bulk items for things as odd as platings or painting, and a weight provided for the material based on the surface area...now there is an analysis trick, to keep the surface area value up to date and define the paint weight required for the surface? hehe

we use bulk items alot, and sometimes for things like screws and wires that are predefined, but not in the model, referring to a drawing that has been approved for use.

cheers,

M

Could soneone give me a brief tutorial on how to create these "bulk items" and how to include them in the repeat region?

Or a link tosome info?

What I do is create anew part for "bulk" items (e.g. rubbers, glue, plating, ink, etc.). The new part has the same part number as the item you want to show in the BOM. This part will have no geometry, so thatwhen added to another assembly will not show up (phantom part) on the 2d drawing for that assembly. It will show upin your repeat region though as a line item on the BOM.

Regards, Dm

dantheguitargod said:
What I do is create anew part for "bulk" items (e.g. rubbers, glue, plating, ink, etc.). The new part has the same part number as the item you want to show in the BOM. This part will have no geometry, so thatwhen added to another assembly will not show up (phantom part) on the 2d drawing for that assembly. It will show upin your repeat region though as a line item on the BOM.

Regards, Dm

Well, that's too easy. Doesn't PTC have an expensivemodule or some other complicated way of doing this?
smiley36.gif

Thanks for the lesson.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back