Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

configure ansys with proe...

jani_2211

hi friends,

i m working with a design analysis problem and done modelling with pro/e wf2. is mechanica analysis result competitive with ansys ? i m finding problems, when trying to configure ansys with proe...? its asking for proe version 2001...isnt it possible to configure proe wf2 with ansys so i can directly open .prt file in ansys..?

Pro/mechanicamay give you comparable, reasonable results for some problems. You may experiencebig differences in results for non-linear analyses. Workbench is worthwhile if you know how to utilize itand you do not have to use Pro/Mechanica.

if u have to import pro/e part file in ansys then u have to configure connection for pro/e by giving the installation path directory and the language in which pro/e is installed.any way if u save a copy of pro/e part file as igs then ansys will open it with none or minima;l data loss.

WB 9.0 stillstay away fromshells, beams, and springs...and also, youcannot perform a base excitation analysis like mechanica can.

ndk,

If you install Ansys Classic 9.0 with WB 9.0 then you can add shell, beams and springs too your model.

Israr

Did you mean Ansys Multiphysic Release 9.0, Israr? Howshould I configure it? Can you show me the way, please?

Thanx in advance

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back