Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CMM users?

donseib

Hi everyone! I've been out of the Pro loop for awhile. They stuck me in a supervisor's position for awhile. Take my advice, if you're offered a chance to supervise a bunch of union guys just when a plant is shutting down, don't do it! Its not fun! Well, enough of that. I'm now holding a quality engineer position (for lack of better titles) and I'm trying to get Pro/CMM into the picture. Has anyone had much experience using this module? If so, is there any documentation available? I've been looking around the web, but I can't find anything that's very useful. Any assistance would be appreciated...

I'd like to scan, which I cannot figure out how to do with Pro yet. I'm just starting to get into this module, so there is alot of things I'm still trying to figure out. I'm not sure if I need a translator or a post handle the output yet. I'm not sure how to manipulate the points yet or how to set up the program for user input. I'm sure the more I get into it, the more questions I'll have.

1. Do you have CMM machine or CNC machine (or any machine :)

2. Do ProE need postprocessor for guiding that cmm machine (I suppose that answer is yes)

3. Do you want direct control on that cmm machine from ProE

I have use cnc machines for scanning, but if I correctly see you want something other than scanned data. I have also use CMM Dea machine, but not from ProE than form some Unix package

Speling,

I am running a Zeiss Prismo with a Vast scanning head. The software presently is UMESS but soon to be Calypso. I am thinking in two directions here. First, I'd like to be able to develop programs from Pro. That is why I'm interested in either a post processor or a translator. I believe that the Calypso package we are looking at has a translator, but I don't know the full capabilities of that yet. Secondly, I'd like to import data from my scannings back into Pro to do a surface comparison including a tolerance band and/or true position. These are my pie in the sky plans, I don't know what is possible yet or if it's even feasible, that's why I'm asking.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back