Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Circular Spring by equation

amd450

I would want do a spring around 360 degree, in the coordenate circular (I think), I want do this by equation. Are there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Andre Almeida

I THINK IS EASIER IF YOU USE A HELICAL SWEEP FEATURE FOR CREATING THE SPRING.

GO TO INSERT/PROTUSION/HELICAL SWEEP.

My friend, follow thse steps:

create a datum curve of circle of your required diamter

then make go to insert (pro/Engineer 2001) then surface then variable section sweep

now select datum curve you created first I mean circle

select done till you go to sketcher mode

from the intersection of the default references draw a line of say 20 units at some angle

then go to sketch mnu and click on relations

select the angular diamension say sd3

sd3=trajpar*20*360

select ok and exit sketcher

then ok

now go to insert menu then protrusion then sweep

select tangent option and select outer surface then done till you are in to sketcher

draw a circle of say 5 units

exit sketcher and

enjoy

Israr

Of course the easiest way to do this would be to download one of the many fine spring models off of Pro/E Central and just modify the parameters to your spring requirements.

Bill M.

You mean like this???

View attachment 317

draw a revolved surface (straight line), then make a variable section sweep (straight line) from this surface (trajaectory) using sd?=trajpar*360*60 (or however many revolutions you want), then make a sweep of a circle following the latter surface...

Hope this helps...

Thanks Bill, Miguel, Israr and Nose Bleed, what I needed do is similar the first image of N.Bleed. I dont know if I did any mistake, but of this way,N.Bleed. My VSS dont find one with other when rotate 360, stay a gap (space) between its.

Ill try again.

Andre Almeida

I'm still trying to figure out how to do it in Wildfire. Each time I pick the trajectory(s) it ends up giving me two starting points, which gives a space between each trajectory... Does anyone know how to do this in Wildfire?

In 2001 you can multipick trajectories by holding down the CNTRL key and clicking on as many trajectories as you wish, then choose which direction you want your starting point to point from.

By doing this, the entire trajectory that has been picked is chosen as a single string, thus allowing there to be no breaks in the VSS..

I tried hold the SHIFT key, after I selected the trajectories, when I inserted those relation appear a mistake, show me that this relations isnt valable. Could you tell me how do this? But step-step (for dummies).

Thanks

Andre Almeida

When u told me I undesrtood, but I didnt put everething in practice. This 2 trajectories that I did continue a gap between its (an intersection)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back