Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

checking interference in assembly

zahid_shanamo

hi friends, i am zahid.

i require you people's help in pro/e assembly.

please tell me ,in a fully constrained assembly (suppose butterfly valve) when we rotate/drag a packaged component (disc) about valve axis,the how can we measure the interference present if any between the disc and valve body during dragging/rotating of disc.

please guide me . i will be thankful to you gentlemen.

thanks & regards

zahid_shanamo

zahid_shanamo,

First, create a fully constrained assembly of valve and disc at a certain angle and then make the angle flexible, make a series of angle dimensions. then createa global interference checkof the firstposition and all of other positions created and also save the analysis you made in each position so that you will have a record of each interference. Also after creating each positions interference, proe will generate a global_intf.infin your working directory so you can read each interference using a notepad or a wordpad.

Hope it helps....
Edited by: jaypogi

But how can we assemble the disc to the valve body at an angle.Is the angular datum to be created in part mode (if yes, then on which component disc or valve body) or during the assembly operation in assembly mode.I think there is no specific option for angular placement in assembly mode.

further please clarify that what are the exact steps for making the angular dimensions flexible;RMB>Make Flexible or something else.

thanks and regards.

zahid

HI Zahid,

follow these in making a flexible angle in assembly.

1.Assemble the valve body

2.Before assembling the disc, make sure that you an axis in the disc located at the center where it will rotate in the valve body. Then create a datum plane through that axis at a certain angle andcreate a flexibility in the disc by using Edit>setup>flexibility and the flexibility, the flexibility menu will openthen pick the datum plane created and the angle will appear then pick the dimension and save the disc.

3.When you assemble the disc, a message will pop up saying that the disc has a pre-defined flexibility and asking if you would like to use it for flexible component definition andpick yes then the flexibility menu will open and you can change the angle or just leave it and just pick the placement. Now, assemble the disc using the axis and the datum plane created.

4.After the disc is successfully assembled, you can now change the flexibilty angle and check the global interference at any given angle.

Note: You can also definethe flexibilty directly in your assembly without defining a flexibility in the disc by picking the disc in you assembly then RMBand pick make fexible then pick the datum plane created in the disc to show the angle. You can also use family table to create a series of variale angle without creating a flexibilty by creating an assembly angled datum plane.

Hope it helps...
Edited by: jaypogi

It is not so much difficult to have different angles in Pro-E under MDX-Module.

Once you have defined the assembly with mechanisms you can adjust any angle in the "snapshot" dilog box. You have to have to set the limits for the joints in your mechanism. (in WF3 you can do it while you assemble your components).

So i think this a good possibility to have kinematic assemblies, also you can make your snapshots for the drawings available.

Of course you need the basics in MDX (Mechanism Design Extension).

In such cases i never use flexible body function;

sure it depends on user, what he prefers.(flexibility or MDX)

So long from me, Greetings Turan...
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back