Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

changing thickness decimal places

lsigrandson

Does anyone know how to change the default decimal places in ProE 3.0 for sheet metal thickness? When I create a new part with the First Wall command I would like to create a thickness such as 0.125". When I key the number in, ProE rounds it up to 0.13", which is rather annoying. Especially when I'd like to create a datum plane halfway thru at 0.062". Changing the default_dec_places to 4 in my config.pro has no affect.

I'm awaiting an answer to this too...

I've experienced this problem in sketcher and in the hole dialog.

I found a quick work-around that worked for me (of course I had to discover it after I posted my message here):

1. Edit the First Wall in the browser (highlight it, RMB, and select Edit). ProE will display the dimensions on your screen, around your part. Included with these dimensions is the thickness.

2. Double click on the thicness dimension and enter your desired number of digits behind the decimal point.

3. Press the Enter key, Regen andthe thickness will change to what ever you typed in. It also will show up if you do a Edit Definition on the First Wall as well.

I don't know if this is the right way to do this, but it's worked very well for me.

Mike
Edited by: lsigrandson

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back