Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing Intralink Revision scheme

bobmann

Years ago, my company set up Intralink to have the following sequence: -, A, B, C, etc. In other words, the initial revision for any object is '-'.

Now we have decided to get rid of '-' and start with 'A'. But all the Help files I see say that a revision step cannot be removed if any objects are at that step. Since '-' is our initial step, we have thousands of items at Rev -.

So okay, we can't get rid of Rev -. Any items that currently exist are stuck at '-', and we're fine with that. But would it be possible to set Intralink so that any new object from now on are created at Rev A by default, while leaving old objects at Rev - ?

(Currently using Pro/I 3.4, M062).

Thanks...

Hi there

When I saw your message I had a hunch the "mass-change" from "-" to "A" could be done with SQL - and just tested on a backup server... seems to work OK. One thing is, it doesn't update workspaces...

I'll forward you the sql script via pm, please try on a test server first and use with caution.

Ed

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back