Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

changing dimensions

Phil182

I need to draw up a tank which has pipes running out of it and other features over it.

The tank is pretty standard, but we will be getting tanks of the same type, but different sizes. I was hoping to be able to change the radius of the tank whenever I needed drawing of a tank of different size, but some of the pipes and other features would need to remain constant.

If I change the tank radius, which was an extrude of a circle, and was also the very first feature, the whole part is unable to rebuild. Is there a good way of doing what I am asking?

Basically, I want a standard tank which I can later come back and change one dimension which will automatically make the parts I want change relative to that change, and not have rebuilding errors.

idea from a newby. I guess that the sketches in the model need to be sett by equation or global variables and all the equations need to point to the the dimension that's you what to drive the model.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back