Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing decimal places on a datum dimension

swcalvert

I'm sorry to ask such a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to change a dimension from two to three decimal places on a datum I've already created.

Steve C

What version are you using.

In 2001, you can do either of following.

1. Modify > Dimension and pick the dimension and change number of decimal places.

2. Modify > DimCosmetic and set to 3 and pick the dimension.

OK, I'D LIKE TO CHANGE THIS TO A RANT AND RAVE. Sorry to yell, but I've just spent the better part of two hours on the phone with PTC tech support about this issue. It seems that the behavior is different between a regular part and a sheetmetal part. IE, when you right mouse click a feature in the model tree and then pick EDIT, you can then right click the dimension on the screen to get to the properties window to change the nuber of decimal places. However, since I had a sheetmetal part you cannot right click the dimension on the screen to get to the properties window, you have to go through the menu manager to select dimension and that gets you to the properties window.

This is piss poor (excuse me for my language) software design to have the exact same function work differently between the two types of modules.

Steve C

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back