Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Centerline/Symmetry Line.

joenjoe

Please reference image below. I want a centerline displayed across the bottom of the half section in the view shown on the left. I have tried using "Show/Erase" to display the axis in this view. This technique worked fine in the view on the right. But for some reason, no linedisplays in the left view. I have symmetry line selected in the view properties under Visible Area for the attached image. However, I wouldprefer not to have the double vertical tick marksdisplayed on either side. It would also be nice to avoidactually sketching a centerline. Any suggestions?

add a new axis line while in the drawing mode, sometimes I use the iso view to help me pick edges, cyclinders or intersecting surfaces.

Show your axis before you make it a half view. Then you can put no symmetry line in the view properties.

Thanks guys. Showing axis in full section view, then changing to half section works great. We never would have thought ofthat, but I'm sure we won't forget it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back