Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cannot solidify quilt

T.Hannibal

Hi All,

I have a closed quilt/set of surfaces, that will not solidify (I know the set is closed because I've used the Ctrl+F command to search for 1-sided edges, and have found none except those which are intentionally part of another feature which is irrelevant to the problem).

When Iselect the quilt I need to solidify, the solidify tool doesn't grey out, however whenI enter the feature its almost as if Pro/E literally just does not want to do what I'd like it to do.
smiley5.gif

Anyone had any experience with this / know a way to get around it?

Thanks in advance, Thomas

Just because the command is not greyed out doesn't mean that you have a watertight quilt, there will still be a hole somewhere. If is not immediately visible make a surface somewhere in the middle and merge to this, unless you're unlucky one solution will work and then by shifting this surface you will arrive at the bad point.

you may have self intersecting surfaces or accuracy issues. how do you expect us to solve the problem without any actual files at hand?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back