Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can’t unlock dimension

galanm

What am I missing? I locked 4 dimensions that I wanted to keep while I manipulated other surfaces. Now I want to make a slight change to one of the locked ones and I can't unlock any of them. Using WF3.

Thanks

Have you tried selecting all the dimensions and clicking on the Edit drop down menu and picking toggle lock?

I am on WF 4 I can't remember if it was on WF 3. It is grayed out until I pick a locked dimension then it is active.

I did find that if I change the actual value of the locked dimension, it changes to green and takes the new value and is no longer locked. Took a while to figure out something so simple. Thanks.

Locking a dimension doesn't mean you can't change the value of the dimension. When you lock a dimension in sketcher mode, it just means you can't drag a point or line that dimensions refers to and accidentally change the value of the dimension. You can still double click the dimensions and enter a new value. It's more of a safe guard against an oh crap, what just happened incident. The way you unlock a dimension is the same way you would lock it. With the dimension highlighted, you should be able to hold down the right mouse button and select "Lock" (if the dimension hasn't been locked already) or "Unlock" (if the dimension is already locked). There are a couple of instances where you can't change a dimension because a pattern relies on it. The best way to tell what is going on is to watch your log at the top of the window which will tell you why it won't let you change a dimension when you try it. Hope this helps some.

Edited by: jpoole6711

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back