Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bulk item udf

saspinall

I want to create a library of bulk items. In my last job (ProE2001) I did this by creating a bulk item in an assembly, making a group of it, then created a UDF of this group which I then stored in a directory in Pro/PDM. This worked wellwith the users retrieving the group into PDM links area and inserting the bulk item. In my new job they dont have PDM and we are now onto WF2. I've created the bulk item in a dummy assy, creted a group of it but when I go to access the UDF Library it gives a message at the bottom of the screen statin Pro/ASSEMBLY not ordered, please see sales rep. Do I need this option simply to create a UDF of a bulk item group ?? or does anyone know a way to save bulk items so they can be used in a library environment ?

Stu

If you had somebody create the UDF with AAX, would you be able to place them in your assemblies without AAX? Might be cheaper than buying AAX & paying maintenance for evermore.

Hmmm, I suppose that that would work as they are only a group. I've creted the parts I need at present as empty parts, no datums etc just parameters. They assemble as default so they act just like bulk items, don't know what the difference is really between the two

Stu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back