Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM with totals -AND- structure

Zestje

Hello,

I'm trying to get a BOM table with the assembly structure to show the correct totals for each part. I have read a -lot- in the forums about getting totals to show up, but I want something a little different. See the attached picture:

- The table should be structures according to the assembly structure, which is no problem, ProE has a settting for this.

- The table should show the quantity for each part on it's own assembly level (in the column 'Quantity'. This is also no problem, ProE has a settting for this.

- The table should show a total per part (for each level the part occurs on), taking into account the quantity of the (sub)assembly. See the column 'Part Total'. This is what I can't find out. E.G. prt7 on level 3 is 2 times in asm3. The main assembly asm1 has a quantity of 1. So the table should calculate qty_asm1 * qty_asm3 * qty_prt7 = 1 * 3 * 2 = 6.

Note that prt6 occurs on 2 different levels and must not be added over different subassemblies/levels.

I refuse to give up after so many hours of trial and error with relations and parameters, but I don't understand it quite well enough (yet?) to get the job done ...
smiley19.gif
smiley11.gif

Any help is appreciated!

2009-11-12_153538_BOM_Table.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back