Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bom Table

Geneg

I have an inherited drawing with a BOM table and part numbers there are 6 digits long.

My part numbers are 10 digit long. So in that table they are showing only 6 digits and are cut off on the end.

What can I do to accommodate longer PN?

Thanks,

Gene,
Have you tried checking the properties of the 1st cell in the offending column and see what paramaters sre being driven and where that information is coming from.
Thanks,
jef

Truncating a string is not a normal thing. However, if the parameter is defined as a real number and there is a decimal, it's quite possible it could truncate it.

Width if the column normally doesn't truncate either. I let will just overlap the other cells.

Looks like you need to edit your file for BOM configuration. (bom.fmt)
Columns widths can be set there.

Seems you have template problem. If you correct BOM table inside the drawing, that will not apply on next one because you are using drawing template ? Only way to correct table with repeat region option, its inside the template file where you can set several amount of digit space wider or higher.

Hope it helps

So how can I correct the problem?

Any ideas. have to release the drawing now and can not do it because of the problem.

thanks,

The correct answer can from Ron on PTC web sirte

in the table tab

select repeat region icon > relations then select your BOM table

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back