Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Creation in Assy Drawing Template

Asho Pulsar

Hi all,

I am newbie to this section. Actually i want to create a format and template for our company i have recently joined. By referring some of the forums and articles i found a way to create a part drawing template, start part and how to link the parameters.
Similar way i tried to create assembly drawing format, in that i need to create BOM table. Actually i got the way to insert the BOM by setting anchor points before. But when i tried, the BOM tool is greyed out which is under insert-table-Bill of material.
I don't know am i doing it properly. So someone can explain me starting from the scratch by piecemeal manner.

Yeah, after such a long experimentation, i found it atlast. Its pretty simple, just insert the assembly first into the assembly drawing and click on the Bill of materials toolbar, select the view...immediately one dialogue box opens on the left side...there are some of the options you can change and you can select different bom table by browsing through your disk. Finally place it in the drawing sheet with the anchor point.

Now the new query starts, is anybody using ascending order BOM?( starts from the bottom to top). Here in the SW BOM library shows everything starts from top to bottom. I need it like bottom to top.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back