Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bom Balloon ...alot of reading but still question

chill2001

I have an asm with 15 prts; (6) part A; (5) part B; (4) part C.

here is what I have. repeat region showing 3 line items A,B,C.

I want all 15 balloon showing in 4 different views, same sheet. that way i show what each part is

Chris

Chris,

The only way to show a parametric balloon for each part in different views is to use a balloon having a quantity parameter. You can create your own type or use the Pro/E qty balloon. When you choose this type, at the begining, the balloon will show only once for each part. Choose split and qty and point another part to show the ballon on this one. And so on.... At the end, of course the ballon will show the quanity of 1 for each part.

Good luck,

-Hora

Thanks I was able to do this, however the defualt ballon gives you 1/1 item #/quantity type reading. how can i just get this balloon to show the item number and still be a quantity type?

Chris

Use a custom balloon to display only the item number without the quantity showing up also. Of course you will have to make a custom balloon symbol. A custom balloon symbol behaves the same as a quantity balloon, in that you can display multiple balloons.

Another idea... create a BOM table for each individual view that you want to show balloons in. Then show the balloons (simple, not custom or quantity) in each individual view, and then either layer off the table, or move the table off the page so it doesn't print.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back