Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bmp in Layout

james.lynch

Hi everybody..

I want to put a bmp (or any other kind of image file, doesn't matter which one) in to a layout, now I've done this through insert/object but now I want to sketch lines OVER the drawingbut the problem isthat they are endign up behind thepicture and in a sence, unusable.

so my question is, is it possible to place the picture BEHIND the sketcher entities in a layout?

TIA, help much appriciated,

James

bit of aslow day today eh?

Anybody?? this would really help me out! if anybody has even an Idea, wht I'm looking for is something like ISDX trace sketch functionallity in a layout..

Cheers.

James

As far as I know the images will always appear on top of your drawing & draft entities. However, the image is behind the drawing entities when you print it out. I'm not sure if this helps, but you can put the image on a layer and hide then sketch your lines.

It would be nice if you could simply add a shaded model to your drawing rather than screwing around with these images. That way you could scale it, dimension it, etc. I heard some time ago that WF 3.0 would be able to do this but who knows now.
Edited by: mgnt8

yeah I heard something similar for WF 3.0...

I usually save my drawing as PDF (using Adobe Acrobat 6.0) bu when I save itthe BMPdoes't save? any Ideas why?

I've seen the same thing but I don't know why - I've brought it up with PTC but they won't/don't support anything after you hit save. I use Distiller and that does save the drawing with the image. Lately, I've been using Acrobat 7.0 Professional to save a solid inside the PDF. Aside from bad lighting, it works pretty well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back