Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

blended surfaces help (2001)

rob1wal

Hi Guys and girls,

Having some trouble with surface modelling. I am trying to create a surface with a sort of nose cone at each end of an existing surface, (please see attached image) cannot get the blend surface command to do what I want, not much experience as yet with 2001 surfacing you see!! Could any body give some advice on how can do such a thing, or suggest any other method in Pro E.

Cheers

Rob

View attachment 94

Create a boundary surface at each end.

You only need to specify 2 curves in one direction - the surface edge between points should be one curve and the curve between points the other.

Then specify tangency between surfaces.

Thanks Dougr

what you describe is exactly what I have been going, I just cannot get the command to work for me, the lower curve is one complete sketch and I'm trying to use the surface edge as the other, but Pro E is saying cannot select one curve in one direction and less than two curves in the other!! Whatever that means!! I think it's just the way I'm using the command not the way the geometry has been created or anything.

Cheers

Rob

Sounds like you're not hitting enough done-returns between selecting curves.

In other words you are only selecting a single curve/edge.

You have to change from Curve in the Select Item portion of the menu and choose Chain. Chain will allow you to select seperate curves and count the chain as one curve. You must choose Done Curves after selecting your chain of entities.

Also note when you are choosing with Chain, you get the option to trim the ends. A good example might be to trim the end of your entities to the points you have or to a vertex of your surfaces.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back