Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend with transition

Bob_W

I searched and found a post in 2009 about this subject and no solution was provided then.

I am trying to do a bend with transition using WF-4 and have used the help and a couple instruction manuals and nothing seems to work. I get errors stating invalid bending area or can not construct geometry. I was able to get a roll bend to work but not an angle bend.

Has any one got this to work and have an description or model showing how to do one?

Bob

Sachin:

I was able to get the transition to work with both sides being bent but when I tried a single side bend it does not work. Using your model I tried several ways to orient the bend feature after sketching the bend line and nothing works unless it is done with bend feature selected to on both sides of the bend line.

Have you been able to get it to work with creating the bend feature on a single side? I am going to try to do this on the model using both sides and see if there is a way to make it work.

Thanks
Bob

vimalcad

I have been able to get the transition bend to work when both sides are rolled. The problem is getting half of the roll to remain straight with no transition. My bend would look like an "L" from the ends instead of a "U" or an "O"

Thanks
Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back