Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

basics....

sandeepmakam

CAn anybody out here tell me where and how to begin learning ProE....

i know AutoCAD and i wanna learn ProE very badly....

please do tell me if there are any online tutorials for such stuff....or if anyone has any material which i can use......please do tell me asap...

thanx.

Isair I won't said that AutoCad is entirely 2d software. Because i now how towork with ac. and can make 3d on it aswell. Is just i little more complicated than any other 3d software.

Yes thats true, that AC is not entirely 2d software, but from my experience, ppl who use AC 90% work only in 2D, and then when they try 3D software is difficulty for them to understand 3D world.
That was what I was thinking when I say that AC is 2D software.

Sorry, I knew what you ment, I just don't want to people to have i misconception of AutoCAD. My stength is pro-e but AutoCAD was were all started( as far as I know). Please stand me corrected if I'm wrong.

Is that important - to determine is it AC 2d or 3d. Man wants badly
good tutorial for starting into ProE

There is not important if AC is 2D or 3D, what is important is the way of thinking when you are using AC, and different way of thinking when you are using ProE. So then maybe I express myself wrong when I said that AC is 2D, what I acutely meant is that is different way of thinking when you using AC, and when using ProE

You have a advantage by having used acad, you can relate to , well I did this in acad and now I need to do this... association with previous things you know is a real benefit when picking up something new.

There is a lot of good stuff at the ptc site, and there is alway google. You know what you need more than anyone else. depends if you are looking to buy something or looking for free. i tend to get free first then move on to buying something

O.K. lets go back to were it started.

sandeepmakam i have some pro-e wf2 tutorials. if you give and e-mail address i'll send to you.

Well wsylvester i guess you got it cover. I din't know they were that many web sites

smiley36.gif

There are bound to be some dead links.. but it's a good starter

The biggest thing about going from Acad to Pro, is when you are starting out it's easy to get frustrated .. you'll be thinking that in acad I could do that so much easier, I'd been done by now. Some things most certainly so, but as you get used to the ProE way of doing things.. you will not want to go back :)

hi Speling
i am not sure if that is your real name....
well, anyways, thanx for offering me to help....

1) i am using wildfire 2.0
2)i am a new user and hence i dont know anybody else over here....but i shall certainly contact them asap.thanx for the suggestion.
3)i want to learn the basics of proE , atleast that much -which is enough for me to do a basic course in machine drawing.
4)my knowledge in proE is nil.but i have it installed on my comp and i want to learn it asap.my only 'qualification' is that i can do acad 3d too.

BTW, i am an undergraduate studententering the sophomore year(second year)
in indian institute of technology madras(IITM), india.

Speling said:
Is that important - to determine is it AC 2d or 3d. Man wants badly good tutorial for starting into ProE

well, hi,

thanx for the help....my email address is [email protected]
you can mail me all the stuff you have with you at that address.

hope you mail me asap, thanx.
ciao
sandeep makam.

arroyopr said:
O.K. lets go back to were it started.

sandeepmakam i have some pro-e wf2 tutorials. if you give and e-mail address i'll send to you.

One place no one has mentioned yet is the simplest of all. The HELP menu inside pro-e can give you about all the answers you need to all that pro-e can do. I would start there first and then go to websites if there is still confusion.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back