Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Basic Library

Omar,

I have been trying to figure out from the previous post,
but it wasn't really useful, I mean I am a complete beginner,
I'd really appreciate if you could tell in detail, I see u as the only active user.

Basically my problem is I want to a pro/E model for a class design,
I was wondering when I am assembling my design, instead of calling
for parts( which I will have to make, like nuts and bolts) in part modelling,
if there is a way I can call them from a library of parts...it looks from the forum
that I can. Where do I download this library from..? where did you download it from..

Also if you could figure out to, how to call these parts (insert these parts), please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your earlier response too..

Edited by: psidharth

Omar,

I have been trying to figure out from the previous post,
but it wasn't really useful, I mean I am a complete beginner,
I'd really appreciate if you could tell in detail, I see u as the only active user.

Basically my problem is I want to a pro/E model for a class design,
I was wondering when I am assembling my design, instead of calling
for parts( which I will have to make, like nuts and bolts) in part modelling,
if there is a way I can call them from a library of parts...it looks from the forum
that I can. Where do I download this library from..? where did you download it from..

Also if you could figure out to, how to call these parts (insert these parts), please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your earlier response too..

To get Pro/Library to show in the Look In drop down box in the Open Filedialog box you need to set the config.pro option pro_library_dir. To get library files go to ptc.com and look under Resource Center>Pro/Engineer Resource Center. There is a link on the page for Parts Library. Once there look under Pro/Library Catalog. The parts are family table parts. A single part was created and a table was create to vary dimensions of the part such as diameter and length for a bolt. To insert these into an assembly select Add Component To The Assembly, in the drop down box select Pro/Library or select the location were you place the part file and select it. The Select Instance dialog box will come up and you select the instance you want to insert in the assembly. Select the By Parameters tab to take a look at what parameters are variable and select the diameter, length, etc. of the bolt you want.

psidharth,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You need to have a maintenance contract in order to download this file from ptc. Your school probably has one, but they need to add you a registered user by calling ptc. (I doubt you school will do this) You can sign up for an account yourself, but since the school didn't add you, you won't be able to download any files.

Tell you what,PM me you email address and I will send you the zip file that I downloaded from ptc. You can also ask your professor to download thisfile, since he probably has a registered account (but I doubt you want to ask him).

I leave my office at about 12 nooooon. If i get a response from you before then I will email it you the file today. But if you respond after noon, then I will send the file Monday morning

Omar

The folder is just one you create like the ones for model start parts or drawing templates. You place the generic *.prt files that you want in the folder (washers, bolts, nuts, etc.). I haven't gone through setting things up the way Dell_Boy has so I can't tell you what the differences may be.

Psidharth,

I'm sorry but I can't email you that file anymore. It's 86 MB compressed! It is too big. Your going to have to ask your professor to download the file.

Omar

Omar,
Can you mail(postal) me the zip file burnt in a cd..?
I shall pay for the charges..
Just wondered if that is possible for you..

thanks

Hey Omar,

Guess what..i finally managed to download the parts man..! and it works too..!
Infact I downloaded them just like ou asked me to..with my account I created a cpuple pf days ao on ptc..I tried opening them on my college computer and it opened..
I haven't tried assembling it yet though..I don't think it will be a problem..
atleast I hope not..!
Thnaks a lot buddy you been a great help..I think this saves me and you all the burden and time..!

Thanks again man..you will be the first person I am gonna contact with any further pro/e queries. I hope thats not a problem.

Thank you.

P.S my name is Prash by the way..

Just thought about this....you will not be able to open the files anyways. Since you have a student edition of proe, you are not allowed to open the regular version of proe's files.

You got lucky man, I thought you weren't going 2 be able to open the file. No it isn't problem 4 me. Just send me any questions you have.

Omar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back