Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Balloon" like symbol

triley_56

I would like to create a Symbol for illustration purposes. the symbol would be a varible text character (a, b, c, and etc) with an arrow pointing (always) towards the middle of the text. Like a BOM balloon with the circle hidden. Seems as if i canot have a leader in my symbol with out geometry

there is to horizontal leader, and the leader line must point to the center of the text. the leader on a label ppints the the begining or end of the text, unless there is something i am missing

Oh, I forgot to tell you there are two leader attachment points on that symbol. When you position the symbol and causes the leader to cross the text you need to redefine (edit properties) the symbol and change the origin to custom and select the other small circle located on the opposite side of the text. You can only change this option when redefining and not when initially creating the symbol. ??? Not sure why that is, but that's how it works. This symbol will only let you attach the leader on the top or bottom of the text. Like I said it's not perfect. There may be a better way, but that's all I got.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back