Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ball nose mill and mill marks?

As I said, I don't have the formula at hand, but the point is still valid. You can, and should increase your feedrate as your step depth decreases. Start small and work your way up as you see your results.

Only to a point where you can still maintain finish. Calculated chip load or material removal is not as important as finish required.

I know that. I don't rely totally on book feeds and speeds, either. I have to experiment to find the best combination for a given situation. But the top poster was concerned that his cycle times were getting out of hand. And he could boost the feed to alleve that problem somewhat. And, yes, there would come a point where the finish would be unacceptable. But I maintain that he could achieve faster cycle times with an acceptable finish by running at a faster feed.

Althezard,

I am also having this problem of finishing cuts taking too long ( the last one bordered on 30 hrs ). Is there a way in pro/nc to vary the feed rate as the step depth becomes smaller due to scallop height set?

Kindest regards,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back