Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Automation of basic shapes

Babeesh.g

Hi Guys

I am looking for an option to automate some of the basic shapes in sheet metals.

for eg: a flat sheet with bends on all four sides. Now when some one needs to create a new model he only should give the desired dimension and he should get both the model and drawing.

I am not sure if it is possible or not, But I am looking forward to find an option(i am a beginer in ProPrograme,)

suggest me if you know any option, I will explore it

Are you doing this with anticipation of using Creo 2.0 and PDMLink to automate forms? That will be the ultimate configurator or are you interested in improving your workflow?

I suppose you could generate basic start parts and make an option to choose a specific sheetmetal form with 2 or three features already started...

Edited by: design-engine

Hi Bart

I am currently using Wild fire 4.0. Usage of start part can't give the flexibility of changing the dimensions easily, and I am even looking for a simeltanious drawing updates as well

Hi Bob

Does the usage of UDF will serve this purpose?

One can either use start parts with "Copy Associated
Drawing
" enabled. The condition... The drawing name
and part name should be the same.
Another alternative is to use family table. Though this
method is not recommended where you need to edit the basic
shape further.
Proprogam can also be used with user input.

Using Pro/Program you can do this and have a lot of flexibility. You can also have the option of adding an instance to the family table automatically.

I have seen "design codes" for a product put into a spread sheet.
The spread sheet contained everything you needed, just fill it out start to work the problem , once satisfied with the results hit the generate file button. From there a text file was generated, you then opened an assembly and read in the text file during regen.
This made part prints and fixture prints in short order with very little clean up.

In this fashion you can make a mess in a hurry or you can be a hero for doing the work of 5 people in an afternoon. (after spending a month setting it up) How well you make the spread sheet and how well you design the assembly is the key. Always review the prints in depth and test the hell out of the setup. Pro likes to flip the sign of edge references (offset edge) and surface normals like crazy. when working like this.

Thanks all..............!!!
smiley1.gif

I am currently trying toexecute it with pro-programme (I need to start from the scratch
smiley2.gif
)

Is there any helpfull website for this?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back