Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Automate Plotting to Visioneer Paperport

jdurston

<DIV =forum>

MCAD Central Experts,

I am at a company that likes to use Visioneer Paperport software to manage their controlled files (rather than pdf's).

I have software that will allow me to create a Paperport compatible pdf which then can be saved as a max (Paperport) file. No problem here.

What I am looking for are tips in order to automate or partially-automate this process.

I have tried a couple of things.

1. <LI>I created a pcf fiile. It used MS Printer Mgr, and</LI>
<BLOCKQUOTE>

I can:</BLOCKQUOTE>

1. <LI>Scale the plot
      <LI>Move the plot (for some reason I have to move it .25" up and .25" to the right to center the plot.
      <LI>Read the proper pen table file.
      <LI>Set the default paper size (in this case it's "A")</LI>
<BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't:</BLOCKQUOTE>

1. <LI>Rotate the plot (I need to rotate all the plots 90 degrees counter-clockwise.) - seems like options are available for ps files, but not anything else.
      <LI>Plot multiple sheets into one file. (or at least set it as a default.)</LI>
    <LI>I created a mapkey</LI>
<BLOCKQUOTE>

I can

1. <LI>Select the Plot Config file
    <LI>Get the multiple sheets.</LI>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot

1. <LI>Have it select anything in the general printer dialogue
    <LI>So, I can't select "Paperport Black & White Image" option from the dropdown. I have to do that manually.</LI>
</BLOCKQUOTE>

The key things for me is to be able to print directly to "Paperport Black & White Image" option (which is really software and not a printing device) and being able to rotate the plots.

Is there another way to do this? Is there possibly a way to do this with the Printer Command in the pcf file?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JD</DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back