Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assembly

kujur11a

hi, i am facing a problem. iam working in an assembly file which someone else has made.when i am trying to open it is saying component missing!! i dont know in which folder that component was created and saved. i heard that there is some settings in config.pro. if some one can help me out it will be great.

thanks for replying

kujur

if you do know the part exist in some directory,you can add the option "Search_path" in config.pro,so the proe system will search the part in the directory you indicated .

otherwise,you can use search functiong in file explorer to find the compnent where it is .and then copy the part to your current work directory or open the part before the assembly.

good luck!

thanks IceFai for replying. but i wanted to know that wether Pro/e is having someoptionby which we can call the components from the different folders and save it. And it can be opened wjthout searching the part file? idid my task by the same method ofyours and retrived the file in assembly. but it took much time as i have search 26 parts. dont we have any simple method for that instead for searching in folders.

kujur

as i know.proe can not store the relate diectory infomation in a assembly file .so if you doen't set the search option,you will can't retrive the part from the different directory.

for my opnion,save the part files in more than one directory is not a good practice.
smiley4.gif

The simplest way to find out which part(s)/assy(s) are missing is to look at your trail file. This is the best solution when multiple parts are missing. I wish PTC would put an error output to screen for missing components in an assy. Anyone from PTC reading these posts?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back