Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly: Unhide Selected Parts

Rajesh

Is there a way to unhide selected parts from a set of hidden parts. (Not View: Unhide All as itunhides all). There are too many sub-assemblies and parts so it is difficult to locate from the model tree. I am using ProE2001.

Large assemblies are difficult to work with in Pro/E unless you have the components on layers. Or, that is my take anyways
smiley17.gif
. If you do not have layers, creating a simplified rep may be the simplest route. Create and delete the simplified reps as necessary. Just my thoughts.

Use edit>find wnd set the search for component then set the name to what you want to unhided and search. all matching models will be highlighted. Move them to the selected colum and then unhide them. You can use wildcards in the search.

Thanks Donha and kvision.
It is better to put the components in the layer and blank/unblank as there is no need to regenerate. Hide/Unhide takes a few minutes to regenerate.
kvision, I am unable to find "Edit>Find wnd" in Pro/E 2001. Cannot set the search to component from model tree search.
I use to right click on the component (to be hidden) and 'Select Parent' and then open the assembly. Hide the required component in the sub-assembly. It is also hidden in the main assembly.

Simplified reps and layers both can be used to display or hide parts. The difference is layers turn off display only. Simplified reps dumps the file from memory or does not load the file in memory initially. If you create a rep that turns off a bunch of pipes and cables and springs, you can regen much much faster. (dont forget to erase part from memory) If you turn them off with layers it still regens them so you decide what your performance will be. Personally I only use layers for datums, curves, axis, planes, notes...stuff. I have a list of reps so I rarely open the master rep.

What is especially nice about layers in assemblies, is you can show the layers in the model tree and find components easily. We use part numbers and with large assemblies, many part numbers mean nothing to me. Saving a special tree_asm.cfg while in assemblies turns on layers in the model tree. Using this configuration when creating simplified reps saves me much time and headaches trying to figure out meaningless part numbers.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back