Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Insert Constrain tolerance Issue

Ikram

Dear All

I am modeling a Cooling Coil Assembly. in Pro Engineer. I am having problem with insert constrain using twice, for tubes assembly. It fails, if the center to center distance between two cylinders or axis is NOT same. Although it should not assemble unless values are same. but it also fails if the difference is very very small, even to 3rd digit of dimension value.

My question is that, how can I assign a tolerance to insert constrain so that it is valid if center to center distance varies let's say from 25.2 mm to 25.8 mm on both assembling components.

i have to assemble 100 tubes with return bends and center to center distance is different in adjacent tubes as return bend connect the tubes.

Pl help

Thanks

ikram

Yes U are correct; I guess this is a valid work around to avoid using two inserts..

i also tried to use the flexible component option to vary C-to-C dimension, but pro e takes too much time to regenerate it.

Thanks for the sec thought

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back