Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly drawing by components

Jason518

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a drawing of a assembly, and have all the components laid out in their respectice projection views, all within the same drawing page/format.

I have tried creating a exploded drawing but this only gives me one view per part of the assembly, any thoughts? suggestion?

TIA

-Jay

If you are using Wilffire, Right-click anywhere on the screen with nothing highlighted, and go to propertires. When the properties dialog box opens, select "Add Model" and retrieve any one of the components. You can now create drawing views with just the single component. To add another component, just repeat the process.

The one thing to be careful of, is that any new sheets added to the drawing will use the "current" model's parameters while filling out the drawing format. If you need to add a sheet and want one of the other model's parameters to fill out the format, just repeat the process, but instead of adding another model, pick "Set Model". Then pick which model you want to be "active".
Edited by: appinmi

appinmi said:
If you are using Wilffire, Right-click anywhere on the screen with nothing highlighted, and go to propertires. When the properties dialog box opens, select "Add Model" and retrieve any one of the components. You can now create drawing views with just the single component. To add another component, just repeat the process.

The one thing to be careful of, is that any new sheets added to the drawing will use the "current" model's parameters while filling out the drawing format. If you need to add a sheet and want one of the other model's parameters to fill out the format, just repeat the process, but instead of adding another model, pick "Set Model". Then pick which model you want to be "active".

Yes, I'm using wildfire 2.0

Thanks, this is what i was hoping for in a response!
smiley1.gif

Going to try that now...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back