Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assembly BOM (mat)

Israr

I have an assembly with parts having different materials. I have assigned material to each part in modeling mode. Now I want to include the material name against each part in the assembly bill of material.

My question is how to add the parameter &material in the bom table such that I get the required result as above.

Please help.

Israr

try asm.mbr.param.value in combination with "filter by rule"
(asm.mbr.param.valuewill give you values for all user defined params)

you might have to enter multiple rules, check the help files for syntax.

regards
Anders

Israr,

In each part add the folloeing relation:

material = material_param("bend_table")

Please nite that your material must have the name attached at the "blend_table" variable. Do not use SPACES between two words. Use UNDERSCORE "_". Ex: STELL_4030. Edit your material file and check.

The in your BOM add this:

&asm.mbr.param.parameter

You'll have noe the name of material!

-Hora

Thanks Hora for your reply.

But I am confused about your reply. Is it "bend_table" or "blend_table" as your reply says

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

material = material_param("bend_table")

Please nite that your material must have the name attached at the "blend_table" variable. Do not use SPACES between two words. Use UNDERSCORE "_". Ex: STELL_4030. Edit your material file and check.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

And how to edit matrial file and check as you say above.

Israr

Israr,

Drag and drop your material file (.mat) over wordpad. or other text editor.You should have something like this:

MATERIAL ALLOY_STEEL_4140

This file may be edited using available editor.

Just type on the necessary lines appropriate values

after the "=" sign. Comments are not permitted on

lines containing material properties names.

YOUNG_MODULUS = 29700000

POISSON_RATIO = 0.3

SHEAR_MODULUS =

MASS_DENSITY = 0.284

THERMAL_EXPANSION_COEFFICIENT =

THERM_EXPANSION_REF_TEMPERATURE =

STRUCTURAL_DAMPING_COEFFICIENT =

STRESS_LIMIT_FOR_TENSION =

STRESS_LIMIT_FOR_COMPRESSION =

STRESS_LIMIT_FOR_SHEAR =

THERMAL_CONDUCTIVITY =

EMISSIVITY =

SPECIFIC_HEAT =

HARDNESS =

CONDITION =

INITIAL_BEND_Y_FACTOR =

BEND_TABLE = ALLOY_STEEL_4140

PRO_UNIT_MASS =

PRO_UNIT_LENGTH =

As you can see the material name is taken by BEND_TABLE variable.

-Hora

dear israr

dont be panic make a table with repeat region, than right click in the repeat region cell that u reserve for material, (this is in wfire) here u chose asm, mbr, user defined and than type material

now u can save this table in formats folder and recall any time. when u put this in assy dwg or report it will call the parameters.

Zaki

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back