Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assembly bend

suresh arja

hi,
how to bend an assembled component in pro-e wildfire 5.0,
its a flex cable which is going to connect from horizontal
board to vertical sensor board

the assembled model is imported from EMN and EMP files,i
need this assembled model to bend.the flex cable is having rectangular components at ends

hi friends,

iam facing so much problem in bending assembly component.the 2 flex cables must be aligned from horizontal component to vertical component.the flex cables are having 2 rectangular components at the ends,i have tried in sheet metal but it is not bending

If the components are imported dumb models, you can merge the components into a single part then use a warp feature to bend the new part.

<div style="text-align: left;">hi,
iam forwarding jpeg file once have a look.in this file the flex which is not connected should be connected to the red colour connectors which are on blue board,i have done in sheet metal but its not correct.i cannot allign the rectangular components.the connection should be from horizontal to vertical.i cannot change the lengths of flex cables & the 2 flex cables must align from horizontal to vertical board.
i think u understood my problem.iam new to pro-engineer.can u tell me how to merge components.after merging we can bent in the sheet metal?
</div><div style="text-align: right;">

</div>2011-06-10_030949_flex_connector.rar

What I'm seeing are two ribbon cables communicating between two boards. One looks like it's correctly linked the other is still free.

The ribbon cable are not as I first thought - parts with flexibility built in.
If the one cable is correct, why can't you do the same for the second?

If this is an assembly I would insert the cable as a part, take assembly references for the interfaces, make a sketch to link them then sweep a surface and thicken.

The way I see it is this; there are two points on the assembly that need to be met with a cable. This cannot be done with a single flexible part because there is more than one dimension that varies as well as direction for each cable.

Assemble a new part[the cable] at default into the assembly, activate this part, copy the references that inform the interfaces and then model the cable to joint these. Then as long as the topology does not change between these interfaces any change you make to their positions will update the cable.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back