Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly (1) relation file for all parts?

MB2011SD

I have PRO-E 4.0 but I don't have advanced assembly and I cannot create skeletons from a new assembly.

Here is my question though.

Is there a way to make an assembly, where within the assembly you can have (1) relations file, that will affect all that parts you bring in (which are separate parts that also will change size based on the input in the relations file)? all the individual parts have the same variable names.

I am trying to make (1) assembly where the user can just enter in certain criteria, and the model will generate the new assembly.

I am trying to do this WITHOUT using any skeleton. The assembly is very simple, but each part grows, or shrinks based on a few basic input dimensions.

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I need a little more detail to be specific, but I believe you can do what you want without advanced assembly and/or skeleton models. There are several methods:

1) Create a sketch feature in the assembly and use it to drive the parts

2) Use assembly parameters to drive the parts

Either way, the assembly relations will look similar. E.G.

LENGTH:4 = LENGTH
WIDTH:4 = WIDTH

(where :4 is the session ID of the part model, LENGTH and WIDTH can be either dimensions or parameters)

Hope this helps

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try today. If I still get stuck I will respond with more info. Thanks again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back