Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Any pro program brains??

skiddy

Ive created an assembly consisting of

1 interchange group 'heads'

and 'handles' controlled by if/else statements

The handles are obviously designed to fit the heads! On some occassions the 'heads' change diameter, which means the 'handles' have to also adjust to that dimension.

Although i have put relations on the handles to follow the 'heads'

I am having great problems!

The handles wont regenerate properly. Ive started to put the relations on the actual 'handle' part file, but this wont regen either.

The heads all have the same relation title, 'rad_handle_liner' but because in assembly they change to 'rad_handle_liner:4' etc

I just cant seem to control the handles!

Any ideas?

In the Model Section of the Program, are you passing the diameter parameter from the assembly to the component?

It'll look something like this:

EXECUTE PART HANDLE

COMPONENT_PARAMETER = RAD_HANDLE_LINER

END EXECUTE

In the Program for the handle, you'll need a parameter (which I called COMPONENT_PARAMETER above) that you'll assign in the Relations section, e.g.:

d12 = COMPONENT_HANDLE

Hope this works.

David Martin

Torgon Industries

Could you zip up the parts & attach them to this thread - so we can all have a look?

I know Pro/E sometimes doesn't work right when passing down values from assy to part...

Hope this isnt too complicated for you???

Theres files every where!

I have four files that are the heads:

balloon whisk.prt

gravy whisk.prt

french whisk.prt

ball whisk.prt

An interchange group, where the heads can be swapped:

whisk_body_interchange.asm

The main assembly;

whisk_design.asm

and three handles:

handle_shaped.prt

handle_spring.prt

handle_solid.prt

If you create a regen with the ball whisk and solid handle, this is where im having the problems! The handle (d8 or d8:12) should regen to the handle liner (rad_handle_liner) If you execute regen on just the ball whisk and set it to 3 instances, should prove my point?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back