Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ansys_workbench8.1&Pro/E_wildfire

wallingj

I found the file 'config.pro' both in ansys directory and pro/e directory. My problem is the virsions. My ansys is ansys_workbench 8.1 and my Pro/E is wildfire for education.

And here is the code of the file'config.pro' --- PROTKDAT C:\Programme_Anwendungen\Ansys Inc\v81\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\text\Pro2001PlugIn.dat

what is your problem? I could not understand it. I have installed Ansys_workbench 8.1 after ProE Wildfire and it automatically integrated.

I don't know your problem.

Israr

Hi, Israr, thank you very much for your reply. I was in my holiday during these days.

We have found our problem. Our Pro/E lacks for some control buttons, because it is an educational edition.

Now, I am doing dynamic anlysis for a turbine rotor. I need to define the rotation speed of the rotor and the hydrodynamic pressures on the impeller, then calculate the displacement of the rotor. I have two problems.

1, Is it possible to define the rotation speed in Pro/M. I found that, in ansys 8.1 we have a control button to define the rotation speed.

2, I can define the rotation speed in ansys 8.1. But, how could I define 'displacement' in 'solution' menu. I only found 'stress', 'strain' and something else for static analysis. I need some documentations or information for dynamic analysis in ansys 8.1

Thank you for your reply!

Hi friends!

I also use ansys workbench8.0 for analysing. When I transfer a complex assembly from proe wildfire to ansys simulation, I got a error message(attached below)

what's the problem? why it getting error. Can any body tell me the way? No error if I used a less complex assembly.

Thankx very much

View attachment 540

ndk,

There is no problem with ansys workbench. The common error associated with this message is when you sketch first and then revolve the default is a surface, then this type of error occurs.

Check in your assembly where there are revolved features with surfaces.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back