Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ANSI tol settings

Clive Tucker

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

I am trying to change the ANSI tol settings in the config
file so that I can set the tolerances to read x.xx +-0.005 x.xxx+-.001 x.xxxx +-0.0005 ang +-0.5

I don't think changing the config file along will get you where you want to be. Once you have the config file edited; create a new start model with that config file active, you new values (if set correctly in config file) will be there.

Been a couple of years since I messed with inch tolerances, so I might be wrong but I think the only way to change them on existing models is thru a drawing with edit value.

To get your values into your format or template try the following parameters, they work in WF2:

&linear_tol_0_0

&linear_tol_0_00

&linear_tol_0_000

&linear_tol_0_0000

&angular_tol_0_0

later Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the help. However even starting with a new part with my config file (as shown below) does not change the tols from thier standard values (also shown). Editing the tols from existing drgs allows me to change the tol values but not the number of decimal places - I'm stuck with X.X X.XX & X.XXX. The parameters work on the drg formats, thanks - just need them to be correct!

moz-screenshot.jpg
P.S. I'm using WF3.

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

linear_tol.jpg

Hey Clive,

When you say starting a new part; does you config file have a path setting to use a start model which has the old tolerances in it? been years so I do not recall exactly how I did it.

by the way I think your first entry needs another number behind it to specify that you what to put a 3 decimal tolerance on a2 decimal dimension. Not Y14.5 compliant but if that is what you want I think it should read:

linear_tol 2 0.005 3

if that does not fix your problem, I'm just guessing here, but it might be defaulting to the Pro/E standard tolerances becuase you do not have a setting for one place decimals, you might try and set it to see ifit works.

later Jim

Jim,

Partial success.... you were right about the config calling up an existing part with old tols in it. After fixing that issue the the tols now reflect what's stated in the config file - almost!

The tols still defualt to the original no of decimal places (i.e .x .xx .xxx) but now with the tols that I specified where applicable, as can be seen below.

I have tried numerous formats in the config file eg. 4 0.0005, 4 0.0005 4, 0.0000_0.0005_0.0000 etc etc, all to no avail. It appears as if Proe doesn't want to go to .xxxx decimal places.

Thanks for your help.

Clive

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back