Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ANSI TO ISO DRAWINGS

chill2001

I AM LOOK FOR THE PROPER ISO STANDARD FOR DIMESIONS AND DRAWINGS. WE ARE COVERTING FROM ANSI TO ISO.

AND I NEED TO FIND OUT THE DIFFERENCE INORDER TO REWRITE OUR STANDARDS.

ALL I CAN FIND IS ISO 128-1:2003 WHICH SEEMS TO BE LISTED AS PART 1: INTRODUCTION AND INDEX. DOES ANYONE HAVE A COMPLETE LIST NEED TO SETUP A CAD STANDARDS

Well, this'll give you a couple of things to read.

Here's the list cited in our drafting manual:
DIN 406 Technical Drawings: Dimensioning; Definitions, General principles.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
ISO 2768 General Tolerances

Its not overwelming, just locks up my required reading for the next few weeks.

I have been tasked with creating a dept. standards using iso standards as the backplane for all new designs. I am givin the freedom to within our company iso 9001 cert. to pick and choose the standards as long as we document them. However with that said, i must rely on mostly iso standards with the Proe. I just need to learn them.

Thanks for all your help and insight, anyother information you could helpis very appericated.

Chris

First and foremost....

Edit > setup > tolerances >ISO.

When you do this most of the above standards are taken care.

As for dimensional tolerancing, it is available in Proe. for Holes and shafts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back