Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Animation "rotate around axis"

dans

I have an interesting problem when rotating a 2x4 part around a bolt axis I can make the snapshots correctly and when I regenerate the animation it looks correct but when I do a replay it looks as if the part rotates around the bolt axis floating everywhere not staying on the axis. Could someone give me some info to what I am doing wrong or a good tutorial on how to animate and setup a part to rotate around an axis in animation? <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thank you,

To get the view to stay the same you need to maintain the extents of the view... try adding a surface that's bigger than the model, then making it invisible... this should keep the extents of the model constant.

Ed

Proed I don't quite understand what you mean all I am tring to do in Animation is to rotate a part around a axis. this should be simple but I have tried every different way I know. does this have to be setup in mechanism first. also maybe some could tell me where to find a free totourial on animation and mechanism.

Need Help!

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick ... I was thinking that the part is moving round the screen, since the view extents keep changing.. could you post a picture or 2?

ta

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back