Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Animating w/o special software

gregl

Does anyone have a technique for rough animating assemblies without using any extra software such as mechanism? Possible using several screen shots to make an animated .GIF file???

-GL

You can use a program called smack it. It will allow you to take many screen images or any type of image and Smack them together to make a windows movie file.

It's allot of work, but I had to do this for a video presentation.

Yep - I've done a few animated gifs:

- Set up relations / program to step your assembly thru the different positions

- Set the Pro/E background colour / lights, etc

- Printscreen for each position (to clipboard)

- Save each individual screenshot as a gif (I just use Paint in Win2K) - make sure they're all the same size

- Use a freeware prog to join the gifs together... (I use unFREEz from: www.whitsoftdev.com)

Regards

Ed

If you already have photoshop you can use image ready to make animated gifs or Macromedia Fireworks works well too.

Instead of using print screen I would just use the SAVE A COPY option in the file menu. It will only allow you to save your image as a tif or jpg but I believe if you are using image ready or fireworks you can still bring those images in without any trouble. Mabey not though, I'm not sure and I don't have either program with me at work here to try it out.

Like proed was saying if you do not want a blue gradient backround you will have to change your config.pro options

system_geometry_color, system_letter_color, system_background_color, etc...

Good Luck

i bit the bullet and bought 3D Studio MAX.

i use it for ALL my rendering and animations.

Great software!!!!

fred

Failing using Max which I agree is great software if not a little pricey, another option is Camtasia recorder (a free downloadable trial copy has all the functionality of the full product and it comes as part of a suite to edit the animations once they're done too).

It allows you to record direct from the ProE window and is dead easy to use....Wayne

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back