Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Angle problem.

Matwer,

ProE doesn't recognise 180 degrees. If you want to do this, just add a constraint to make the line parallel to another, or make it horizontal

Kev

No offence hammy but 180 degrees is ok in ProE. But I think it is other constraints in the sketch that cant be resolved when you set 180 degrees. Its a little difficult to see in the picture

Try to modify the dimension by dragging it to see how your sketch behaves and find where it fails

Whyare theretwo 720 dims? They seem redundant.

Looking again, I think that perhaps Pro|E is having trouble determining the length of the upper angled line on the left when it goes to 180 degrees. Try adding a length dim to it or the top horizontal line.

ankarl said:
No offence hammy but 180 degrees is ok in ProE. But I think it is other constraints in the sketch that cant be resolved when you set 180 degrees. Its a little difficult to see in the picture

Try to modify the dimension by dragging it to see how your sketch behaves and find where it fails

Ankarl,

You know I have always assumed that there could be no 180 degree (and for the life of me I don't know why)
smiley9.gif
because there are other constraints that take care of it.

Shows what use 10yrs+ experience is worth after all......

Kev

Thanks for reply for all of you.

prohammy, I wanted to
use that sketch in skeleton model, in witch angle would change
parametrically. It works ok except that angle.

kirancitd, L1 constrain is necessary

I solve that problem by changing that sketch to two lines in angle.
Using extrude I added thickness 630. Now it works also in 180 degrees.
But I still don't understand why 180 degrees value was wrong in
previous sketch.

BR

Edited by: matwer

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back