Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Aligning two views on separate sheets

m-d-e

I want to place two views in the same location on two separate sheets. I've tried using move special with the xy coordinates option but the views don't end in the same location. It seems that move special doesn't use a fixed coordinate system because every time I click it, the coordinates are different. (what's the point in having an option like that anyway?)
Does anyone know how to fix the coordinate system for move special or any other method for aligning views on different sheets?

Any help is appreciated.

Okay, I tried setting the view centers to a coordinate system but it didn't work. Thanks though. I managed to get the views aligned anyway.

Apparently when you use move special, the location where you right click in the view is used as the view origin. Once I figured that out it was easy. I simply zoomed in on a point the two views had in common (a coordinate system in this case), held the mouse pointer over the point and right clicked there. I filled in the coordinates and did the same thing for the other view.

Edited by: m-d-e

If you use the Edit > Move item to sheet after left clicking on the view, it will move it to the same location on the chosen sheet. No right click invovled.

That's good to know. Although in this case I wanted to keep the original. I also used different instances of an assembly so I had to make a new view.

The reason I wanted to do it in the first place is that I have an assembly with a button which is being pressed. On one sheet it is unpressed and in the next it's pressed. When I change the sheet it looks like the button is being pressed. It look neat.
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back