Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

advanced mapkeys

mekaneck

I am using the @MANUAL_PAUSE command to select a part in the middle of one of my mapkeys. The problem is that I need to select that same part at two different points in my mapkey.

Is there a way to do this without pausing twice to select the same thing? Or is there a way to read one of the last lines in the current trail file and execute it?

Also, I would like this mapkey to make sure that my datum point tags are being displayed. I can only make a mapkey that toggles them; is there a way to make sure that they are displayed? This isn't extremely important, but it would be nice to do.

Insert in your config.pro the following:

display_point_tags = yes, and so you have what you want.

For the first question, I don't know.

bp

I've already got display_point_tags in my config, but it won't help if I turn the tag display off at any time in my current session. I suppose I could make my mapkey reload my config, or better yet, just apply that option in the options dialog. I wonder if you can apply single config options with mapkeys... I'll have to look into that.

In response to ra_inder, I can't type in the part name, because what I am doing is turning on certain layers in a part, so I have my mapkey pause after I open the layer dialog and wait for me to tell it what to layer. Also, I'm looking for something quick, and most of the part names are ~15 alphanumeric chars.

I think I'll have to stick with selecting the part twice. Thanks for the ideas guys.

It looks like the easy way to load config options on the fly is to make a config.pro file with just the options you want. Here's an explanation I found for anyone who is interested:

You can set toggle options to a defined state regardless of current setting.

This

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back