Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Advance techniques???

chill2001

Hello all

I am trying to find some aids on advance modeling techniques but most of all the stuff i can find is fairly basic. I have several threads that speak o Pro capability of such but not to many examples of it. I really want to expand my ProE skills.

Can anyone recommend a good source?

Buy the following books

Advanced Pro/Engineer tutorial by RogerToogood

Advanced Pro/Engineer by Cadquest

You wont get advanced tutorials for free on the net.

Israr

I looked thru them but most are still very basic, I am looking for stuff like making a toroidalbend, spinal bend or trying to use styles

I bought PRoEngineer Solution advanced techiques

by townsend and schmidt

its pretty much a waste so i am out 65 bucks

Chill2001,

The best way for free would be to download a tire off ProE Central and study it to see how it was made.

Try that for some off the other advanced parts.

Hi

I will agree with Moroso. You have on ProECentral many good models from where you can get some advanced techniques about work, working, working around etc. Try them

I have uploaded the tire assembly which is currently available for download. Download it and see how it is made with toroidal bend.

If you still need help ask me via e-mail:

[email protected]

Israr

BTW I agree with Chill2001. There is no book available on ISDX, Style, Piping, Welding and many such advanced topics. There is no comprehensive book on MDO and MDX, as well as Pro/MECHANICA Structure/Thermal.

So there is need for such books. And hopefully this is a message for the potential authors in these fields.

Israr

You are right Speling,

There is style tutorial in WF too, I have seen it. Actually I am talking about a book on it. Help in papers' form is more helpful than in html form.

Anyhow Speling , I have learnt so many things from you. And you are veteran on Proecentral. I respect you.

Israr

I think I opened a can of worms here. I will agree that there are a few place that show some of the more advance features, however i am starting to come to the realization that the best way to learn these feature is via a mentor or one on one training. I find that i do well with the exmples in a tutorials however i have many questions during my normal work day and trying to use these new skills in my app's.

I will also give some credit to kvision, i find the web video very help, sometimes to fast, but very helpful none the less

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back