Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding Points on a Variable Sweep

Mech_Engineer

SW 2008 gives an error message when I try to add points at the intersection of a datum plane and sweep of a variable pitched helix. The message is : Select Entities Whose Intersection is a Point. This is a L shaped collar using a variable pitched helix to create a sheet metal part with the correct overlap, although is solid model and not sheet metal part conversion yet. I am trying to measure the effective diameter (recall helix) using two points without having go into edit sketch. Measure will not give the diameter either.

When I select the sweep only a partial segment highlights with only one intersection with the plane. Is is possible that the system sees the whole sweep with both intersections and can't create the two points? Is there a workaround such as create a new partial segment on top of the sweep that does not intersect both planes? I realize I could create a drawing to get the dimension, but I was hoping for a workaround in modeling mode.

Edited by: Mech_Engineer

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back